EAGALA Model Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy Makes a Huge Difference
EquiTeam’s EAP service is highly valuable for individuals, families, children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral difficulties in the home, workplace or school and community settings.
Let EquiTeam help decrease emotional and physical distress, create a cooperative interpersonal demeanor, reduce problematic social behaviors and decrease behavioral dysfunction with our EAGALA model Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) services. Additional benefits to participants include education and practical application of critical skill sets, including:
- Conflict resolution
- Anger Management
- Problem Solving
What Is EAP?
Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) is a respected treatment option in which horses are used as tools for emotional growth and learning. It is a collaborative effort between a mental health therapist and a horse professional working with the clients to address treatment goals.
EAP is experiential in nature, with participants learning about themselves and others by participating in activities with the horses in a non-traditional environment, and then processing and discussing feelings, behaviors, and patterns.
What Kinds of Issues Does EAP Help?
- Clients find EAP more interesting than talk therapy.
- EAP keeps clients on task and engaged.
- Clients are more willing to attend sessions and interact in the process.
- The horses provide:
- immediate feedback on which behaviors work and which don’t
- emotional support and bonds that are helpful in the therapy process
- The sessions:
- create metaphors that illuminate situations encountered in life and help make changes in attitude as well as behavior
- help both clients and therapists get to the root of problems much more quickly
- provide clients with the ability to express and communicate in ways traditional therapies do not