EquiTeam addresses the specific needs of our military and members of their families, including conditions such as combat-related PTSD, TBI, moral injury, military sexual trauma, addictions, anxiety or transitions. We offer:
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP)* for active military, reserves, veterans and their families, with Individual, Couples and Family Therapy
- EquiTeam allows for a non-invasive therapeutic approach in a safe environment to work through the many challenges our servicemen, servicewomen and their families face. These include issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder, combat trauma, traumatic brain injury, moral injury and military sexual trauma.
- Additional areas of support include assistance with sleep disturbances, anxiety, sudden panic attacks, difficulty concentrating, overwhelming feelings of guilt, loss of appetite, increased use of substances, addictive behaviors, trouble processing grief, irritability and anger management, and relationship or marital problems.
- Equine-Assisted Learning (EAL)* for Military Service Members, with Group Therapy
- EAL is a hands-on experiential process that allows natural interaction between humans and horses in a therapeutic group setting. There are endless ways to apply this fruitful approach to personal, professional and human development.
- EAL helps individuals better understand themselves and others through participating in activities with the horses and then discussing feelings, behaviors and patterns. The debriefing process seeks to bridge the horse activities from the arena back to “real life,” inviting people to reflect, analyze and apply new insights. EAL can help develop problem-solving skills, improve leadership abilities, communicate more effectively, build healthier relationships and enhance self-worth. It is ideal for adults seeking to learn new ways of relating to others and make appropriate decisions.
- Enhanced outcomes result from providing neurofeedback within our Military Services Program. Neurofeedback is a noninvasive training that reinforces positive brain signals through the use of audio signals. Advanced neuro-technology is used to provide feedback and training to the brain to function optimally and re-organize itself. The brain is monitored at 256 readings per second while providing feedback via EEG technology and music–no electricity is involved.
- The training produces significant outcomes in fields related to trauma, substance abuse, anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. Neurofeedback is unique all in itself and, when coupled with EAP services, will prove to be extremely rewarding to clientele suffering from extensive wounds of war.